Holiday Safety at Home
- Keep all doors and windows locked, even if your step out for a moment.
- Videotape valuables so you’ll have a record of ownership.
- Inspect all holiday lights for frayed wiring before your hang them.
- Beware of strangers coming to the door asking for charitable donations. Ask for identification, if donations are tax deductible, how the funds will be used. If you are not satisfied, don’t give. Instead, help a charitable group you know.
Holiday Events Away from Your Ooltewah Home
- Turn on lights, a television or radio so that it appears that someone is home.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- If you have a home alarm system, use it. Alarm systems are only useful when they’re activated.
- Holiday gifts should not be displayed where they can be seen from the outside.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flowerpots or other “secret” hiding places — burglars know where to look for hidden keys.
- Secure all doors and windows including your pet doors. Burglars can gain access to your premises from amazingly small openings – including cat doors. Secure all pet doors and remember to lock every single window and door, including those on garages and exterior buildings or storage sheds.
- Ask a neighbor to watch your house and pick up any packages left for you.
- If you leave your car at home, park it where you normally would.
- Use automatic timers for your interior and exterior lights.
- Stop your mail and newspaper deliveries.
- Arrange to have snow shoveled (if necessary) while you’re away.
- Notify your local police department and leave a number where you can be reached in case of an emergency.
Take the time to be safe so you can relax and enjoy this wonderful time of the year.
Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Keyword/Tag: Signal Mountain Home
Safeguard your Signal Mountian home for the holidays
ABR,e-PRO, GREEN, RCC
1315 Taft Highway
Signal Mountain, Tn 37377