We all know Tennessee is a great place to live and work. The state’s Department of Economic and Community Development (TNECD) features facts and stats that bolster the case on the Business Climate area of its website. Among other information, the site includes a quick list to share with anyone who might be considering a move to Tennessee:
1. No personal income tax on wages and salaries.
2. A right-to-work state.
3. A long history of fiscal responsibility that crosses party lines.
4. Lowest state debt per capita in the country (The Tax Foundation)
5. Second lowest state and local tax taxes paid per capita (The Tax Foundation)
6. Triple A-rated, with our most recent bond sale at the lowest interest rates on record.
7. Successful overhaul of our tort and workers compensation laws.
For more details, visit this page.